MAS Angel Fund invests in and helps grow awesome tech startup companies. MAS Angel Fund is led by the Berlin based Entrepreneur and Business Angel, Benjamin Rohé. We are NOT your ordinary company builder or VC firm.
We are typically the “first money in” the company, seeing ourselves as co-entrepreneurs:
We’re committing our time, expertise, networks, sufficient funding in addition to free office space to ensure the companies success. Our team and board includes successful entrepreneurs and VC partners, each with 15+ years experience in the industry. Check out the “our team” section!
We work in two huge, open space office floors side-by-side with the ambitious startups we invest in. The office is an incredible place to work and learn, as we bring in friends form the industry, mentors and supporters from places like Google, Facebook, top VC firms, and other startups from around the world!
We handpick 5 investment deals per year.
MAS Fellows Program:
Starting autumn/winter of 2012 the MAS Fellows Program pairs ambitious bright students or aspiring entrepreneurs with innovative startup companies located in Berlin. The goal of the MAS Fellows Program is for you to gain significant experience by working with us on unique startups and challenging situations while developing new skills and meaningful, lasting relationships with our team and board members. We are looking for candidates who enjoy all aspects of building great new companies, who are doing a spectacular work and often, having the ability to wear many hats.
Your ultimate target is to found your own company within the next 1-3 years.
Our MAS Fellows Program will support you throughout your life as Entrepreneur.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participation in our weekly screening meeting where we review investment opportunities
- Participate in our communication: you will contribute to our blog and social media updates
- Provide administrative assistance to Management
- Work with our portfolio companies in their day-to-day business
- Support during/at our networking events, FoundersTable, and University activities
Qualifications to become a MAS Fellow:
A Fellow candidate should demonstrate the following competencies:
Problem solving— the candidate identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Interpersonal Skills— the candidate maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
Planning/organizing— the candidate prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
Quality control— the candidate demonstrates accuracy,thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
Adaptability— the candidate adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
Dependability— the candidate is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
Entrepreneurial mind-set - the candidate brings the right mind-set: succeeding in an unpredictable world – finding the right solutions and surprises with your way of thinking.
- Vesting, Liquidation Preference, LOI and Right of First Refusal ring a bell and don’t get you confused
- Candidate must exude professionalism
- Education in business, marketing, public relations, communications or related field
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent research skills
- Business fluent in English – German is a plus!
- You live / you can stay 6-12 months in Berlin
- You survive on the small pay that we contribute to your survival